Back to Careers
Community Partnerships Executive
Are you looking for a fast paced, growth opportunity where you can leverage your people skills and relationships while also doing good for the world?
Look no further than Ampion Renewable Energy, a Public-Benefits Corporation, who is a market leader in community energy. With state of the art technology to allow our solar farms to provide clean energy and savings to each of the communities we serve, we’re looking to expand our outreach capabilities through the addition of a Community Partnerships Executive.
Ampion is seeking an experienced Community Partnerships Executive to scope, build, and expand Ampion’s affinity partnership group in Maine. Through prospecting, networking, and relationship building with municipalities, associations, community organizations, and businesses you will grow a network of affinity partners. Your network of trusted partners will help you reach end consumers who will ultimately subscribe to our solar farms.
The ideal candidate will have an existing network of municipal and business/community relationships in Maine. Candidates must be ambitious, entrepreneurial and autonomous to succeed in this new market that is quickly developing. The role requires high emotional intelligence, strong drive and motivation to stand out and make a difference.
The Community Partnership Executive role will have you engaging with municipalities, large associations, businesses and community organizations to sell Ampion’s unique affinity program which ultimately drives residential consumer subscription sales to our community solar farms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Achieve sales targets on a quarterly and yearly basis through affinity partnerships
- Conduct a consistent volume of outreach activities on a daily and weekly basis primarily through phone calls, emails and in-person meetings and networking events and conferences
- Build a strong network of affinity partners that will produce a high volume of interested residential consumer prospects
- Coach affinity partners to success and direct appropriate marketing efforts internally and with affinity partners
- Record all sales activities daily in CRM
- Collect subscriber data to validate community solar subscriber eligibility
- Track record of achieving quotas, targets and goals
- Established municipal/government relationships and/or experience selling into this vertical
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player
- Experience and proven success in a sales, business development or community outreach role
- Experience building relationships with c-level executives (or equivalents) and navigating complex decision making processes
- Proven ability to network and build relationships to build trust and rapport with a variety of prospects and organizations
- Willingness and ability to travel within Maine
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency and ability to work with multiple IT platforms such as Microsoft Office, Google, Slack and familiarity with CRM systems including Salesforce is preferred
- Background or interest for clean energy, sustainability or related environmental field
- Excitement towards a fast-paced, startup work environment – it can be messy at times!
Social justice is at the center of Ampion’s mission to bring renewable energy everywhere, to everyone. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.
Interested in this job?
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org