Back to Careers
Community Solar Sales
If you want to sell a “hot” product, this opportunity is for you!
We’re a fast-growing market leader who envisions a world where renewable energy powers our economy and society. Shared and sustainable energy assets, such as solar and wind farms, are the key to this vision where inexpensive, renewable energy changes the world in which we live. We are looking for energetic, confident, intelligent and charismatic individuals to bring the value of Community Energy to prospects, including municipalities, schools and universities, health care systems, houses of worship, community choice aggregations and anyone that has a utility account in New York, Maine or Massachusetts, and soon many states beyond.
Building an industry takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to work on the messy details. That is where we see our most valuable contribution. Ampion’s platform enables a sustainable energy revolution by connecting consumers and renewable energy providers. We enable consumers to purchase inexpensive, local energy while providing the subscribers and revenue for the industry to thrive.
The Community Solar Sales position requires someone who is passionate about community solar and distributed energy, and will establish new business opportunities by selling to potential subscribers. As part of the Acquisition Team, you’ll generate warm subscriber leads and conduct outreach campaigns to contract residents, businesses, and municipalities into community solar programs. Success in this role will require experience prospecting leads and meeting sales quotas. Excellent communication skills will help cultivate strong relationships with subscribers, from first contact until the deal is closed, and will add to proper after-sales service.
The Community Solar Sales role will have you engaging with residential communities, small businesses and organizations to promote and sell Ampion’s unique community solar subscription offerings.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contacting any and all utility customers via cold calls, emails, meetings, conferences, etc. and convincing them to sign a subscriber agreement
- Generating leads from multiple sources and qualifying and guiding subscribers from qualification through close of sale by effectively conveying Ampion’s value proposition and process for contracting
- Respond to inbound leads by phone and email as necessary
- Coordinate with local community organizations and businesses to develop partnerships that generate sales qualified leads
- Attend community events and assist with outreach at fairs, conferences and other happenings where qualified subscribers are in attendance (after social distancing protocols are lifted)
- Collect subscriber data to validate community solar subscriber eligibility
- Record all sales activities daily in CRM
- Provide back-up support to our subscriber service teams by answering incoming subscriber calls
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player
- Proven success in a sales role, preferably relationship-based, in a services industry (Community Solar and/or energy sector is preferred but not required)
- Ability to build trust and rapport with prospective subscribers, providing clients with top-notch subscriber service
- B2C and B2B sales experience preferred
- Experience with mass marketing strategies, both digital and in-person
- Willingness and ability to travel within New England in order to close deals (after social distancing protocols are lifted)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, for audiences both familiar and unfamiliar with energy programs, and the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities
- Proficiency and ability to work with multiple IT platforms such as Microsoft Office, Google, Slack and familiarity with CRM systems including Salesforce is preferred
Social justice is at the center of Ampion’s mission to bring renewable energy everywhere, to everyone. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.
Interested in this job?
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org