Back to Careers
Indirect Sales Manager
Renewable Energy Everywhere, For Everyone
We’re a fast-growing market leader who envisions a world where renewable energy powers our economy and society. Shared and sustainable energy assets, such as solar and wind farms, are the key to this vision, where healthy, inexpensive energy changes the world in which we live. It is a tremendous challenge with huge social benefits, and it is also one of the greatest economic opportunities in the history of business.
Building an industry takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to work on the messy details. That is where we see our most valuable contribution. Ampion’s platform enables the clean energy revolution by connecting consumers and clean energy providers. We enable consumers to purchase low cost green energy, while providing the customers and revenue for the industry to thrive.
Position Overview Part of the Subscriber Acquisition team, the Indirect Sales Manager identifies, develops, maintains and expands relationships with reseller partners to drive residential and commercial customers to Ampion’s renewable energy enrollment platform to signup for Ampion community energy projects. The Indirect Sales Manager is responsible for achieving customer sales and partner recruitment objectives based on assigned partner verticals, utility market(s), and client program needs. The Indirect Sales Manager reports to the Sr. Director of Indirect Sales.
- Meet assigned sales targets and strategic objectives through channel partner accounts within the retail energy, broker or consultant, door-to-door, and community energy indirect verticals.
- Proactively recruit and onboard new qualifying channel partners
- Facilitate and negotiate partner and customer agreements and statements of work (SOW’s)
- Lead a joint partner planning process with each channel to establish mutual performance objectives and milestones to ensure a productive partner relationship
- Drive the adoption of Ampion’s channel program through assigned channel accounts
- Maintain a clear and deep understanding of Ampion’s customer requirements and utility market policy rules and programmatic conditions
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key channel partner personnel
- Ensure partners are complying with Ampion’s channel partner guidelines and reinforce uniform business practices through training and partner compliance program monitoring
- Proactively develop solutions that address customer enrollment needs and ensure partner performance objectives and expectations are met through the coordination and involvement of all necessary Ampion and partner personnel
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Manage potential channel conflict with other sales channels by fostering excellent internal and external communication
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, channels, contractors, and customers
- Deal effectively with complex challenges and stressful situations
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an effective listener to others
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous retail energy or renewable energy industry experience
- Minimum 5 years of channel sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Minimum 5 years of business development/sales experience
- Experience managing customer contracts and accounts
- PC proficiency and competent understanding of microsoft office and/or Google suite tools
Equal Opportunity Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.
Interested in this job?
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org