Back to Careers
Renewable Energy Everywhere, For Everyone
We’re a fast-growing market leader who envisions a world where renewable energy powers our economy and society. Shared and sustainable energy assets, such as solar and wind farms, are the key to this vision, where healthy, inexpensive energy changes the world in which we live. It is a tremendous challenge with huge social benefits, and it is also one of the greatest economic opportunities in the history of business.
Building an industry takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to work on the messy details. That is where we see our most valuable contribution. Ampion’s platform enables the clean energy revolution by connecting consumers and clean energy providers. We enable consumers to purchase low cost green energy, while providing the customers and revenue for the industry to thrive.
Ampion’s software is a critical differentiator for the company and what allows us to scale efficiently. Our software team is led by our Principal Software Engineers.
The Principal Software Engineer’s responsibilities include recommending adjustments to resolve software issues, improving the functionality of existing software, and ensuring that the design, application, and maintenance of software meets the quality standards of the company. You should also be able to mentor, guide and train other engineers.
To be successful as a Principal Software Engineer, you should be able to evaluate the user’s needs, time limitations and system limitations when developing software. A stand-out Principal Software Engineer is one who is up to date on new technologies and software development practices.
- Designing, coding, and debugging software
- Improving the performance of existing software
- Providing training to other engineers
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects
- Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data in various forms
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proven experience in high-level programming languages, like Java, Golang, C/C++ with a proficiency in Golang preferred
- Proven experience in DBMS like Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL
- Proven experience in software development methodologies
- Proven experience building complex systems
- The ability to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.
Interested in this job?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com