Back to Careers
RENEWABLE ENERGY EVERYWHERE, FOR EVERYONE
We’re a fast-growing market leader who envisions a world where renewable energy powers our economy and society. Shared and sustainable energy assets, such as solar and wind farms, are the key to this vision, where healthy, inexpensive energy changes the world in which we live. It is a tremendous challenge with huge social benefits, and it is also one of the greatest economic opportunities in the history of business.
Building an industry takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to work on the messy details. That is where we see our most valuable contribution. Ampion’s platform enables the clean energy revolution by connecting consumers and clean energy providers. We enable consumers to purchase low cost green energy, while providing the customers and revenue for the industry to thrive.
As the Quality Assurance Engineer your focus will be on developing end-to-end and integration testing suites for our software. You will use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence software design, promote proper engineering practices, testability, and other advanced quality concepts within our product suite. The team includes Quality Assurance Engineers, Software Engineers working side by side with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, User Experience, and Customer Support staff to understand features, bugs, customer usage, and technical implementation to deliver high quality products to our customers.
- Define test plans, test suites, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the Software Testing Life Cycle
- Perform exploratory testing, automate repetitive tasks and work side by side with software development engineers to deliver high quality products to customers.
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
- Measure, interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Experience owning the full test strategy through test completion for components of a software system.
- 5+ Years of professional software quality assurance experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Hands-on experience with test automation using a programming or scripting language (Python preferred).
- Other Technologies that are essential: Cucumber, GO, React, Ruby , and Postman API
- Must be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, collaborate with other test and development teams.
- Understanding of testing and test automation for consumer facing applications.
- Communication skills – ability to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Demonstrated passions around software quality, and technology.
Equal Opportunity Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.
Interested in this job?
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org